This is an idea I’ve been pondering for a while. Partly, I won’t lie, I want to get some more exposure for my blog, but I also want to connect with some other writers who enjoy worldbuilding as much as I do.
So, without further ado, I would like to introduce…
What is it?
A way to share what you’re working on with other like-minded writers, and get feedback on anything you’re stuck on.
How does it work?
You make/schedule a post about your worldbuilding, submit the link for that post to the form supplied for the session, and it gets put on a list with everyone else who submitted, and you read each other’s posts and leave feedback. Basically.
There will be a theme assigned for each session, but it is NOT mandatory to use the theme in order to participate.
- This is geared toward speculative fiction genres. (Fantasy, science fiction, paranormal, horror, etc.)
- The theme of each session will be posted along with its sign-up form.
- Sign-ups for the next session will be posted with the link list for the current session (with the exception of the very first sign-up, of course).
- Sign-ups for each session will close the Sunday before the link list goes up, most likely sometime in the evening, Central time.
- Link lists will go up every other Wednesday, beginning September 16, 2015. I will do my best to pre-schedule those posts to go up by 7 am Central Time.
- One post/link per person/blog per session. Multiples will be deleted.
- Please keep posts at or below 1,000 words.
- You can be as specific or vague in your post as you like, but keep in mind that too vague won’t get you much feedback.
- Leave feedback for at least 3-5 other participants, particularly ones who have left feedback on your post.
- If it becomes apparent that a participant is not leaving feedback at all for anyone, they will be removed from future lists.
- ‘Hop’ at your own risk. I cannot realistically screen and warn for all content on participants posts. If you come across something you don’t want to read, just close out of that blog.
Now that we’ve gotten all that out of the way…
The first session of Worldbuilding Wednesdays is opening for sign-ups today!
The sign-up form will close on Sunday, September 13.
The link list will go live on Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
The Theme Is…
On the theme:
Explore an aspect of how your characters get from place to place. Horseback? Dragon-riding? Airship? The sky’s the limit! (And maybe not even that.)
(Click on image below to select, then right-click and select ‘save image as’. You will have to host the image on your own site. Make sure to link it back to this post.)
If you would consider sharing this post (reblog, Twitter, Facebook, G+, tumblr, etc) I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!